Sunday, November 15, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine...



"Laughing is the best medicine."

I think baby laughs are about the the closest thing to complete happiness. They are not worried about a thing. It isn't an adult laugh that is masking other thoughts that swirl around in the back of their heads.

I am a pretty funny guy. You have to be when life throws you curve balls. Life has thrown the ole Barker clan a lot of curves through my 30 years on the planet. I think that life is too damn short to go around without a smile on your face (or trying to make others smile.)



My grandfather, Warren Schmitt, wears a permanent smile. He wears his laugh-lines like a badge of honor, showing the world around him that he faces each day with smile and ends it the same way. This picture is my Nana and Granddad a long time ago.

I am curious if Hudson will think that I am funny. What kind of jokes do babies like? Witty humor? Play on words? Physical humor? Dirty jokes? Potty jokes?

No matter what life throws our way, if I can get a smile or a baby laugh from Hud, life is going to be good. I hope that when I am my Granddad's age I have laugh-lines that remind me of all the good times I was blessed with throughout life.

Like Bob Marley sang, "Don't worry about a thing. Cause every little thing is goin to be alright."

Off to more adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I love that laughing baby...not sure what it is about him :)

    ReplyDelete